Populace: Korra

Go down

Populace: Korra

Post  Kaylia on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Name: Korra Aralum

Race: Half Breed, 'Drow*' and Human. *A Drow is widely known from Dungeons & Dragons as a black/grey skinned elf with white hair.

Gender: Female (though she wishes it not so, being titled 'vaunrable and weak' merely for her sex.)

Hair: White and silvery, sometimes turns blond in sunlight due to her human gene inheritance. Held back in a short pony-tail.

Eyes: Orange, slightly luminous and reflective. (like cat eyes, will glow white green and orange at dark under direct light)

Build: 6ft, muscular under flesh, curved.

Skin Tone: Grey, shade depends on her time in the sun.

Clothes: Heavy-duty trousers- jacket and boots, white sleevless top, dog-tags (with her and Giggle's names engraved), ammo and gun belts (criss-crossing chest under jacket and around hips), knife on leg- in boot- on arms.

Scars and/or Tattoos: Scar on her left lower lip from a 'drunken' bar brawl, by broken bottle. - Small indenting scar on cheekbone, by unknown (sometimes deepens and bleaches white when she makes facial expressions). - White ink tattoo of an arachnid on back and wrists.

Info: Korra is brash, unorthodox and callous. Quick to shoot people who 'annoy' her. Hardy and stubborn, quick to jump into a frey. The reasons behind her harsh attitude and uncaring demeanour may be explained. She can be a terrible enemy, but on your side she can be brilliant, though her loyalty depends on her trust.
Lives anywhere convient to her current job.

-

Name: Giggles

Race: 'Hell' hound.

Info: Healthy black fur, furry ruff and hackles (like boarder collie and hyena, furred on his back and around his neck). Yellow wolf eyes. Large with big paws, height to Korra's thigh. - Like a hyena, Giggles laughs and yowls, like a wolf he howls and like a hound he barks.

Meet Korra, nasty bitch in the making. I have her history already planned out in my mind, do tell if you want to hear it.
Kaylia

Last edited by Kaylia on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kaylia

View user profile http://greendragonlady.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Populace: Korra

Post  Scilia on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:14 am

This is so awesome! I can't wait to hear more of her and to have her introduced to Populace. I've fallen in love with her attire, I love military gear.
Scilia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsugawa on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Cool, everyones character sounds so cool, every time I decide to go ahead and finally create a character I read these bios and think, mines just to blank as of yet. Anyways keep it up girls, I'll have a character ready by the end of the day.
Tsugawa
Admin

View user profile http://rphaven.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

A slice of Korra's history.

Post  Kaylia on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:37 am

Bralum.
A decrepid and abandoned human town, now mostly in ruin and haunting, the town stands in mist and fog, weather beaten and sorrowful. But life has made this unlikely place into the marker of their kind. Underground, live the Shadow Elves and their kindren. In the old sewage system, connecting to mines and to underground caverns and tunnel complexes, the Shadow Elves have created a city and a life for themselves under the world of suspecting eyes, in the dark where they rule. Bralum, home of the Shadow Elves.

Shadow Elves: black/grey skinned, red/orange eyed, white/grey/silver haired, pointed ears.
Bralum Arachnid: giant spiders.
Bralum Arachnidelf: a hybird between Arachnid and Shadow Elves, like the centaur, they have a spider body and a elf upper body. (Hence Avatar picture.)

Korra's history:

Kortlum the Arachnidelf.
One crescent moon night he came from the Bralums and stole a wondering woman, why she wondered he did not know, did not care. He stole her and brought her back into his cove in the Bralums, he seduced her with his sweet tongue and black magic touch. His seed planted, he sent her back to the world and thought little of her short stay in his lavishly decorated domaine. She could not see his home, her eyes were weak, like her, she could not see him or his home, though no doubt stood in his mind that she had not known of his spiderlike body and devious mind.
He longed for a child he could love, he wanted a child that gave him joy, not remorse. As the nine months passed, he chose his favourite son to come with him to collect the woman who held his child in her womb. Kaelum, the most intellegant and devious of his Arachnidelf sons, born of seperate mothers. Kaelum joined Kortlum on his search for the woman, and when they found her they brought her back, back to the place the child had been conceived.
The birth was gruesome, the Arachnid father and son stood and watched as the woman struggled and wept with little help from Kaelum's sisters borne of different fathers. Finally, Kortlum ripped the struggling child from the weakling mothers womb. He held her bloody baby form against his breast and declaired her Korra as the mother bled to death at his spider feet. Kaelum and his sisters crooned over the tiny baby, praising and longing. The sisters left, envious and wanting children of their own. But Kaelum stayed, for what reason he stayed Kortlum didn't know, but he did not object to his favourite sons presense.
The baby Korra grew, her eyes settling into a beautiful orange, like flames, her hair pale white like the moon and her skin dark like ash. Kaelum watched over her when Kortlum could not, baby sitting and playing with the infant as she grew and grew.
Kortlum adored his little girl, the only daughter of his with no Arachnid form, but so did his son. Never far from hand, Kaelum became jealously protective over Korra, standing over her as she played with other children, quick to anger when she was hurt or began to cry.
As she aged they taught her. Kortlum taught her to read and to write, counting and conversation. Kaelum taught her balance and grace, agility and flexability.
Older and older she grew, and her speed and agility exceeded Kortlum's expectations. Kaelum taught her to fight with sticks, taught her how to disarm a man, how to turn his strength against him. She excelled past the children her age, she became adventurous.
Kortlum watched as his son and his daughter grew, she became a great aim and sure footed, but with her growth he saw her becoming a risk taker in her adventures and willing to vanish for days into the woods.
One evening Kortlum and Kaelum were following a few paces behind Korra. Kortlum had seen and watched Kaelum's adoration of Korra, but he knew his son to be too wild with his feelings and to act upon them without thinking. He told his son he would give him Korra's hand, if he could wait until she was a woman and would care for her as his wife. Kaelum agreed eagerly, swearing an oath to keep himself for her until she was ready.
Kaelum kept training her to fight, she had thought little of the fights as she grew, thought nothing of his breathlessness before and after a fight, the wild excitement that flared in his eyes, the way he laughed when he disarmed her and they fought with their bodies.
Korra turned sixteen and came home after a long time away, her adventures had taken her far, met her with many races and strange people. She came home to Kortlum, but he would not speak to her, "Go and find Kaelum." was all he would say to her. It was not the way of her people, to greet her brother before her father. But she obeyed. She found Kaelum in the forest in the evening, walking the path between the ruined houses that they had walked when she was a child.
Kaelum watched and listened to her as she greeted him and told him of her adventures, where they had taken her and what she had done. As he had listened something had grown in his eyes, jealousy, she had spoke until she could speak no more, for the anger in his eyes stopped her.
He had moved to her, but she was too quick for him now, moving agiley out of his reach and questioning his intentions. They had fought, long and hard, his anger boiling over everything, his jealousy, until finally she had run.
She confronted Kortlum about the claims Kaelum had staked on her, and grew furious at the story her father told. She declaired no man would ever taint her, for men were foul creatures that could never be trusted. That night she left. In the fight Kaelum had gorged a cut on her cheek, his perminent mark on her, an ever present reminder of the love and betrayal she felt for him.

Last edited by Kaylia on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kaylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaylia on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Had this picture on my hard-drive at home for ages and ages, love it really really bad.
I have always wanted to take a picture and base a story around it. Not exactly stealing, just being inspired by someones art.
So this oppertunity came up, and I had to do it! Had to!

Here's the link to the picture, and the awesome artist who made it.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=drow+priestess#/d23ckf1
Kaylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsugawa on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:30 pm

I envy this haha, it's awesome and detailed, I also liked the way it was written, I imagined a narrator reading it to me for some reason. It kinda inspired me to figure out how Tink's came to be.
Tsugawa
Admin

View user profile http://rphaven.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaylia on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:35 pm

This is how I imagine Giggles, in this incarnation. Baring in mind that Giggles was originally a Hyena (hence the name). If yer interested!

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=workingdogs#/d391pxy

And this is the kinda big ass gun Korra would pine over.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=gun&order=9&offset=48#/d1y6y80

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=gun&order=9&offset=48#/d1t3u5s

Howw sexxy are they! -purr-
Kaylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down